Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Attack of the Reptiles


We are still plugging away at painting the deck. It's been a rainy week here, giving the painter a little reprieve.

Yesterday Ronnie Dale barged into the house to ask, "Are you going anywhere today?" 

I said I didn't think so, why? 

It seems he was lying on his side, painting the underside of one of the benches, and he was visited rather closely, next to his head actually, by a cute little green lizard. His request was for me to quickly get to the hardware store to purchase some lizard killer. He announced there are millions out there, and he wants them all dead! 

"But llizards kill bugs," I reminded him. 

"Then get something that kills bugs too! Anything!" 

"But they won't hurt you!"  They're cute little creatures about 5 inches in length.

Ronnie Dale doesn't care. I'm afraid that he wants everything in the general vicinity that slithers or crawls on four legs to be pretty much dead. I reminded him that we have three dogs that would be affected by this lethal potion. That little reminder managed to change his focus, and I was able to talk him back into sanity. But, with the deck only half done, I have this fear that I may be the new painter in the house. I'm beginning to hate lizards.

No comments:

Post a Comment